Crowns are indicated whenever a tooth:
- fractured or chipped
- has an extensive old filling
- is discolored
- would benefit from a more desirable shape
- or teeth need more aesthetic harmony, as in a smile makeover
- has severe decay
- has had endodontic treatment
- needs more strength to hold it together
- has an old crown which has outlived its usefulness
- is included in a full reconstruction
- needs better occlusion (bite)
Today's crowns are a work of art. We now use ceramic materials which are extremely strong and durable, as well as displaying the best esthetics ever.
Crowns are typically made with just two patient visits. On the first visit, Dr. Mohney will prepare the tooth (teeth), and construct an esthetic temporary crown. On the second visit, the crown will be inserted. The crown will be natural looking and give many years of service.
If you think it is time for you to change your old silver fillings to state-of-the-art tooth-colored restorations, call Dr. Mohney today at 305-558-3611. Serving Miami Lakes, Pembroke Pines, Miramar, and Miami.